Prayer Bulletin from the EMCC World Partners
As the body of Christ, we’re knit together with the amazing work of the Spirit into one faith and one God and Father of all. We’ve also received gifts of the Spirit “for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” (Eph 4:12). How do we exercise these gifts? As we journey in faith together, how can we extend greater grace and peace to one another?
“Speak truth each one of you with his neighbor,
for we are members of one another.” – Eph 4:25
“So then we pursue the things which make for peace
and the building up of one another.” – Rom. 14:19
“Therefore encourage one another and build up one another,
just as you also are doing.” – 1 Thes. 5:11
In the same manner, these Global Workers need our support and encouragement. How can we better serve these friends and build them up in their own journeys?
Praise God for this new year before us. I look outside today and see a blanket of fresh snow. It reminds me that the new year before us is like a fresh page. I praise God for his faithfulness throughout last year. We entered into a new 3-year initiative, January 2021, with the community of Gens de Nantes. Funding for the initiative was a journey of faith as our partners trusted God for his provision monthly. We would only be able to send what was received, designated for the initiative. I am grateful for God’s provision through his people. Each month we were able to send the budgeted amount. Thank you, Jesus.
January 6-9, 2022, the AEM (Missionary Church in Haiti) met for their national assembly. In a video link that I received, I could hear that many of the attendees were coughing, the “barking” cough of covid. Herlynda Philogene, the WP agent, participated and presented her report of the collaborative activities of the EMCCWP and AEM. At the Assembly, they celebrated and honoured the retirement of long-time colleagues Pastor and Mrs. Adam Marcelin, who have served over 50 years as pastoral couple and district superintendent as well as member of the AEM executive committee. Thank you, God, for these faithful leaders.
- Pray for the present AEM Executive Committee and President Pastor Maccene to have a renewed vision for the church in Haiti. Herlynda and other younger leaders have recognized the need for a new vision which recognizes the assets that the Haitians have in their hands. They desire for a “new mindset.”
- Pray for “Year Two” funding for the Farming God’s Way Education Initiative mentioned above.
- Pray for the Haitian people as they cope with covid illness, which up until this time, has been quite minimal.
- Pray for the Nation as a whole – for restored governance, for elections, for peace and security.
God have your way we pray. Amen.
Kevin & Michelle Weppler
We lost two of our workers at the store over the summer but God provided two very special ladies in their place. Change isn’t easy, but God reassured us through it all and He provided. One of our new ladies, Mari, is the wife of one of the contractors working on the new facility. Isn’t it amazing how God puts the pieces together? Mari joined us in October. During our morning prayer time one morning, she began to cry and expressed a desire to know Jesus. We prayed the prayer of salvation together. So God always has a plan.
God really used [two weeks in Germany] to show me something, He desires to bless His people. The store has not wavered. We continue to be a light in the community throughout these past two years. In fact, we are busier than ever. But it’s so much more than that. It’s a blessing that God has provided for the people here in southern Romania. We are simply being used by Him. What an honour to be part of His work!
God has grown our GEM Romania team this past year. We had two families, Romanian nationals, join us in March of this year. We are so blessed to have them as part of our team. It has been interesting to see God meld us together in the context of GEM and diversity that comes with internationalization of team. God is so very good!
- Time to spend with the Lord as we seek His will for us in 2022.
- For finances as we prepare to start the building construction again in March.
- For our family back home in Canada. We dearly miss everyone and wish we could see you all.
- Please pray that we would continue to see change and hearts transformed by God's saving power.
- Please pray for for Kevin as he manages all of the details and overseeing as Field Leader for GEM Romania.