Missions Around the World
Leadership: Acts One:Eight Team
Investing in lives to neighbours and nations
Albright provides several opportunities for you to invest in the lives of other around the world:
Investing in Missionaries who are serving abroad by providing prayer and financial support
Partnering with the church and community of Gens de Nantes, Haiti to impact lives
Sending short-term mission teams to serve in Haiti
Supporting Projects with financial and physical resources to carry them out
Creating Opportunities for others to partner with us
Investing in Missionaries
Janet Snyder and Bev Huff, serving with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), training teachers and reaching children in the Caribbean. Click here for Janet's current newsletter. Click here for Bev's current newsletter.
Iris W - bridging workers to His harvest fields among the least reached.
Marilyn McIlroy - serving with EMCC World Partners as Project Manager for Health and Community Development. Facilitating opportunities for EMCC Churches to partner in development with local churches in Haiti, Tanzania, and India. Marilyn's Blog
B & K Family serving in Missionary Care in Asia.
Partnering with Haiti
Albright has committed to building a long-term relationship with the community of Gens de Nantes, Haiti. Working closely with our denomination (EMCC) and our sister denomination in Haiti (AEM), Albright has embraced the opportunity to join with another body of believers thousands of miles away, by providing encouragment, sharing resouces, and offering practical service to the people of Gens de Nantes.
Sending Mission Teams
Under the direction of EMCC, Albright has sent several short-term mission teams to Haiti to serve in the community of Gens de Nantes. Read of their experiences on our Blog.
- February 2013 - Clinic Team (VT727) - assisted staff in the community Medical Clinic
- March 2013 - Homes Team (VT728) - assisted in the construction of new homes in the community of Gens de Nantes
- January 2014 - Construction Team (VT744) - worked on repairs and renovations to the guesthouse and school
- March 2014 - Clinic Team (VT743) - assisted staff in the community Medical Clinic
- July 2014 - English Language Team (VT750) - taught English to students and adults in the community
- March 2015 - VT757 served in the community building relationships and educating about Community Health.
- March 2016 - Clinic & English Team (VT767) - served in the community, taught English and worked at the Clinic.
- July 2017 - English Language Team (VT784) - taught English to students and adults in the community.
Albright is committed to provide funds needed to carry out projects in partnership with the church in Gens de Nantes:
- Build a fenced enclosure for the AEM Housing Facility to provide added security and privacy for housing and utilities on the property. This complex is home to various clinic staff, Haitian medical students, short term clinic workers, visiting missionaries, and also serves as guest housing for AEM leadership when they are present in the community. The housing facility remains a vital part of ministry continuing through the clinic and the church in Gens de Nantes.
- Upgrade generator with an inverter charge system for batteries so that the batteries can be used to operate the clinic lights when the generator is not running. This project will allow the clinic to use its generator to a greater capacity.
- Construction of 9 homes that are termite, hurricane and earthquake resistant
- Medical Clinic wired for electricity
- Latrines for the community
- Retaining wall built to secure the unstable ground in the courtyard playground of the church and school
- Completed repairs to the school roof
- Repairs and renovations to the guesthouse providing a safe and sanitary home for EMCC Missionaries and short-term mission teams
- Built a security wall around the clinic complex to ensure privacy and safety for all who use the clinic (both staff and patients)
- Gens de Nantes Sponsorship Program allows individuals to have an active role in supporting the community of Gens de Nantes by ensuring the Medical Clinic can employ qualified staff. Your monthly sponsorship gift of $40 or more will help provide the wages for the Clinic Doctor, Nurse and Lab Technician. Wage costs are approx $1,750 CN per month – just 44 sponsors at $40 per month will pay all three salaries! Download a brochure to learn more.
- Becoming a sponsor is easy - just complete an Autogiving form and your sponsorship gift will automatically be withdrawn from your bank account on the date you select. One-time or yearly gifts are also welcome. All sponsorship donations will be receipted at the end of the calendar year.
You can partner with us in impacting the lives of the people and communities of Haiti!
Donate to our Mission Projects: note 'Mission Projects' in the Special Instructions or memo
Donate to support our Mission Teams: note 'Mission Team' in the Special Instructions or memo
Become a Sponsor: Join the Gens de Nantes Sponsorship Program to help support the wages of Clinic staff
Pray with us:
- for our teams as they prepare to serve the people in Haiti
- for the people of Gens de Nantes and surrounding communities
- for staff of the Medical Clinic and School as they receive assistance and encouragement
- for the church in Haiti: that the gospel would be proclaimed boldly as we partner together in ministry to the people of Gens de Nates
Learn more about investing in lives in our backyards . . .