Albright Church holds to beliefs that are both orthodox and evangelical. Orthodox means we are in agreement with the historic teaching of the Christian Faith as expressed in the historic creeds. Evangelical means we have an emphasis on the biblical gospel about salvation by faith in Christ and new life (regeneration) by the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and that this new life is essential to the Christian walk.
We believe in the following:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the only final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful people through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is given spiritual life, enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ with given spiritual gifts and abilities.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved to an eternal dwelling place with God, and those who've not accepted Christ's life-giving grace to eternal separation from God and all that is good.
Click here for Expanded Articles of Faith and Practice